Coloplast InterDry AG 10x144" (25x366cm)
Coloplast InterDry AG Coloplast InterDry Ag is a skin protectant infused with an antimicrobial silver complex as its active ingredient. It is used to manage skin folds, skin-to-skin contact areas, and...
Interested in volume discounts? Submit a bulk order request.
Coloplast InterDry AG
Coloplast InterDry Ag is a skin protectant infused with an antimicrobial silver complex as its active ingredient. It is used to manage skin folds, skin-to-skin contact areas, and act as a barrier in the skin to the device to prevent microbial colonization.
It is usually used to manage symptoms of intertrigo dermatitis, a breakdown in the layers of the skin caused by skin rubbing against each other. It is a common condition for people with diabetes, obesity, or artificial limbs; the friction caused by the rubbing creates a warm and moist environment favorable for bacteria and fungus.
It is specially designed with soft knitted polyester fabric for wicking and translocating moisture to reduce the risks of skin tears and pressure ulcers; it also has a polyurethane coating to reduce friction in the skin folds and contains ionic silver to provide a broad spectrum of antimicrobial fabric that can last for up to five days.
Interdry Dressing Features
- Coloplast InterDry is a moisture-wicking fabric with antimicrobial silver.
- Effectively manages the complications associated with skin folds
- Helps manage the symptoms associated with intertriginous dermatitis such as maceration, erythema, erosion, itching/burning, odour and pain
- Interdry should not be placed directly onto an open wound
- Wicks and translocates moisture
- Silver within the textile provides effective antimicrobial action for up to 5 days
How To Use InterDry Ag Dressing
Coloplast InterDry Ag can be used for up to five days unless it is heavily soiled or has a foul odor. You can write the date of application on the fabric itself, making it easier to remember when it’s time to dispose of it.
InterDry Dressing can be placed in different body areas with skin folds such as the neck, axilla, under the breast, back, abdomen, between fingers, groin, upper legs, lower extremities, and between toes.
InterDry Ag Directions
- Before using InterDry Ag, wash the skin to be applied and dry it well
- Cut the fabric enough to cover the affected area, but allow 2 inches for moisture evaporation
- Lay the fabric on the skin fold placing the one edge into the base of the fold; ensure it is flattened in the skin by gently smoothing it.
- Ensure that the 2 inches allowance of the fabric is exposed outside the skin fold
- Secure the fabric by using skin-friendly tape or tuck it into clothing
- Gently remove the fabric before taking a bath by separating the skin fold and lifting it away; put it back after.
Precautions In Using Coloplast InterDry Ag
Do not use any creams, ointments, or powder with this InterDry, for it may interfere with its efficacy.
It should not be placed on open wounds and should not be used by people who have sensitivity to silver.
Excessive use may cause transient skin staining leading to a blue-gray appearance.
Buy InterDry Dressing Today
Halo Healthcare offers a wide range of medical supplies in Canada and the US so you can decide which one is best for you.