Dr. Segal's Energy Socks Cotton 15-20mmHg Graduated Compression
Dr. Segal's Energy Socks Cotton 15-20mmHg Graduated Compression It isn’t any way to live to have chronically swollen legs or feet. To remedy the issue, your family doctor might suggest that...
Interested in volume discounts? Submit a bulk order request.
Dr. Segal's Energy Socks Cotton 15-20mmHg Graduated Compression
It isn’t any way to live to have chronically swollen legs or feet. To remedy the issue, your family doctor might suggest that you should try wearing compression socks. Most compression socks are made from a type of elasticized fabric that applies a gentle, soothing level of pressure to your sore and swollen legs. Ultimately, this super style of sock can help you regain some of the lost circulations that cause you aches and pains.
Dr. Segal’s was founded by a surgeon whose expertise was in treating vein diseases. By talking to his patients, he was able gauge what was needed to create a stylish, comfortable line of compression socks.
Graduated compression stockings provide the most compression at the ankle and gradually decrease the intensity of compression as the garment progresses up the leg.
Graduated Compression Socks Features
- Unisex sizing
- Boost Circulation
- 15-20 mmHg True Graduated Compression
- Available in Various Prints and Sizes
- Biodegradable Plastic Bag packaging
A pair of Dr. Segal socks with graduated compression is designed to be tighter closer to the ankle and looser toward the top. Currently, these socks are available in twenty unique designs and patterns so you can still look stylish while you’re on the go. With nearly twenty unique patterns and a unisex design, there’s a pair of compression socks for everyone.
Medical Graduated Compression Socks Benefits
Amidst our busy daily routines, we often end up sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Recent research has indicated that if you spend an hour of time not moving your legs, there can be up to a 50% reduction in circulation. This causes blood to slow down and remain in the legs in a way that can cause a few undesirable side effects. An unnecessary amount of pressure can build up and stress the veins in your legs, causing symptoms like spider or varicose veins.
Luckily, Dr. Segal's compression socks relieve the pressure of trapped or slowed blood flow in the leg. Potentially this can put less pressure on your overall circulatory health and improve your energy levels by taking a load off of your legs.
- More Energy: Although we all lead busy lives, most of us sit or stand for extended periods of time during our day. Studies have shown that blood flow in the lower legs can decrease up to 50% after just 60 minutes of immobility. This results in increased pressure in the veins of the lower leg as blood fights against the force of gravity when returning to the heart. This may increase in pressure on the surface of the skin as varicose and spider veins, and feel the pressure as our legs begin to swell and that dull aching pain sets in.
- Faster Recovery: Athletes who wear compression socks have noted that their legs feel more energized, experience less swelling and leg pain associated with ligament, tendon injury and muscle tears and are therefore able to concentrate more on their performance giving them a mental edge. Studies show that by increasing oxygen to the working muscles and flushing out lactic acid athletes will experience a faster recovery time with decreased muscle soreness and increased comfort.
- More Comfortable Travel: Any type of travel lasting 4 or more hours increases your chance of developing a deadly blood clot (DVT). While few have symptoms, everyone has RISKS. Blood clots can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime. In fact 75-99% of those who developed a travel related blood clot had one or more preexisting risk factors and didn't even know it. Multiple studies show wearing compression socks during travel effectively reduces the risk of developing deadly blood clots while also increasing comfort by reducing swelling and leg pain.
Who can benefit from Compression Socks
Did you know that there are socks for athletes? Based on scientific studies, it’s currently believed that the overall relief of compression socks can improve your recovery times. When athletes took on the challenge of testing out these socks, scientists observed a few useful things about the effects of compression.
While exercising you can reduce swelling and leg pain caused by damage to the muscle, bones, and ligaments in your leg. By curbing the pain athletes had an easier time staying focused on the task at hand. To top it all off, the compression helped significantly reduce the level of lactic acid buildup around muscles and boosted oxygen. These effects ultimately reduced the amount of time it took to recover between each run.
Women & Expecting Moms
Throughout their lives women are susceptible to an increased risk of blood clots due to their physiology as well as crucial choices they make with respect to birth control, pregnancy and menopause.
- Birth control pills (BCP) increase a woman's risk of developing a deadly blood clot 3x
- During pregnancy a woman's risk of blood clots increases 4x
- The first week after childbirth, this risk increases up to 100x and continues to remain high up to 6 weeks post partum
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) can increase the risk up to 3x.
- During pregnancy a woman's blood volume increases by 30% putting strain on the circulatory system
- As the baby grows it puts pressure on the inferior vena cava resulting in increased pressure in the lower legs
- This increase in blood volume + increased blood pressure in the lower legs due to the growing baby often leads to swelling and pain in the legs, feet and ankles.
- Statistically, 40% of women will end up with varicose or spider veins and this number can increase to 75% with subsequent pregnancies.
Fabric and Care:
- 45% Cotton / 38% Nylon / 17% Lycra
- Contains: Antimicrobial Properties
- Machine Wash Cold. Gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Hang to dry.
- IT IS NOT RECOMMEND USING FABRIC SOFTENERS OR BLEACH. THEY CAN ALTER THE LOOK AND FEEL OF THE FABRIC.
- Wide-Top Comfort Band: Keeps the socks from pinching, chafing, or rolling down, ensuring consistent compression throughout the day.
- Flat - Felled Seam Construction: Ensures ultimate comfort, right to the tip of your toes.
- Anti-Microbial & Silver Ion Wash: Provides effective odor and stain protection.
- Terry Cushioning Foot Bed: Adds durability in the high-wear toe and heal areas, while giving your feet extra cushioning.
We offer a wide selection of compression socks. Buy yours today at halohealthcare.com