When it comes to treating head lice, treatment should begin as soon as symptoms of lice are noticed or when live lice and nits are seen on your child’s body or clothing. You want a treatment that kills not only lice but also their eggs (nits). But with a number of different lice treatments to choose from, how do you know what’s best for your child?
The medicine in Nix is recognized as the most effective over-the-counter treatment for killing lice and their eggs according to the Academy of Pediatrics. Nix® is recommended by pharmacists…trusted by moms…and hated by lice. Here are some other things to know about Nix®:
- Nix has been the #1 pharmacist-recommended brand for more than 20 years
- The Academy of Pediatrics recommends the medicine in Nix as the first line of treatment for lice
- Nix has a maximum-strength formula
- Nix kills lice and their eggs
- Nix protects against lice reinfestation for up to 14 days
- Nix is safe for use on children as young as 2 months old
You may have also heard that Nix® has a residual effect. This means that some residual or lingering activity of Nix® Cream remains on the hair for up to two weeks, even with regular shampooing. This residual activity allows Nix® to kill lice — including baby lice as they hatch — and protect against lice reinfestation up to 14 days. Products with longer residual effects tend to be more effective in killing newly hatched lice eggs.1 Other lice treatments that do not have the residual effect that Nix® does often require more than one application to ensure that newly hatched lice eggs are killed. Nix®, on the other hand, usually kills lice and their eggs with a single application.
Buy Nix products at HaloHealthcare.com